With the École de français at Cégep de Rivière-du-Loup, the entire city is your classroom!
Our enthusiastic, native-language French teachers use an action-oriented approach that provides an innovative way of learning French. In the afternoons, expert workshop leaders will share their expertise.
For 49 years, the vibrant community of Rivière-du-Loup, located on the banks of the St. Lawrence River, has been offering homestays for spring session students. There is so much to do—music, theatre, sports, volunteering—that no matter what you choose, you’re guaranteed to have a once-in-a-lifetime linguistic and cultural immersion experience.
Spring session students are invited to stay and work in Rivière-du-Loup at the end of their Explore experience as part of the Languages at Work program. See our website for examples of available jobs.
• Whale watching cruise
• Visit to Bic National Park
• Beach day at East Lake
• Weekend in Quebec City
• Stunning sunsets in Rivière-du-Loup
What makes our program special and unique?
• Homestays (during the spring session)
• Innovative teaching methods, with courses based on the Common European Framework and using an action-oriented approach
• Expert teachers and workshop leaders, all native French speakers