How much is it?
Explore is funded by the Government of Canada, allowing most participants to fully engage in the program instead of worrying about money.
What’s covered by the funding:
- Application fees (It’s free to apply!)
- Tuition fees for the program
- Instructional materials
- Meals and accommodations*
- Workshops and cultural activities
*Does not apply for virtual sessions.
The following fees are only required once you have confirmed your enrolment.
- Non-refundable registration fee
- Travel expenses
- Optional cultural activities
- Personal spending money (for snacks or souvenirs, etc.)
Other program-related fees may apply depending on the host institution.
The Explore program provides $2,800 ($2,240 for virtual sessions) for each participant ages 16 years and older and $2,000 ($1,600 for virtual sessions) for participants 13 to 15 years of age. This amount covers the major expenses for your participation in the program. This funding is provided by the Government of Canada and is transferred directly to the institution you will be attending. The funding is taxable income for which you will receive a tax receipt.