Who meets my child at the airport or train/bus station?
On the day of arrival, if your child is between 13 and 15 years old, a chaperone will meet them at the airport, train, or bus station and identify themselves with official documentation. The chaperone will arrange arrival and departure logistics to ensure safe travel to and from the institution. On the day of departure, the chaperone will remain with your child until they have completed security or taken their seat on the train or bus.
Note, chaperones may be available for older participants (16–17-year-olds). Contact the host institution for more information.
You are required to provide the following information
- date and time of arrival and departure;
- name and location (city/town) of airport, train/bus station, etc.;
- flight or train numbers, if applicable;
- telephone number(s) and an email address where you can be contacted at any time;
- signed authorization to the airline, train/bus station to release information to program staff.
Many parents ask about contacting other participants in their region who are going to the same institution to plan and coordinate travel itineraries. However, to ensure your child’s and other participants’ privacy, we cannot share the names or arrival information of participants at any given location.