Can I apply?
Is my child eligible?
In order to qualify, your child must meet all the following criteria:
- be either a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident (those studying in Canada on a student visa are not eligible), a convention refugee student, or a protected person;
- have their permanent residence outside Quebec;
- be in Grade 8, 9 or 10, and enrolled in a French-language school (French as a first language)**; and
- have been a full-time student for at least one term during the current school year.
**If your child speaks French as a first language but does not attend a French-language school, they may also apply. Further documentation or a language assessment may be required to ensure that they have the required level of fluency to participate.
The Council of Ministers of Education, Canada (CMEC) thanks all candidates for their interest in Destination Clic. Decisions regarding eligibility for participation in the program are made by the relevant provincial and territorial ministries/departments responsible for education or postsecondary education and are also subject to the participating educational institutions’ policies, practices, and regulations. A candidate may be declared ineligible for participation in the program at any time, including but without limitation if the candidate.
- has been previously dismissed from the program for any reason,
- does not or ceases to meet the eligibility criteria for or the conditions for participation in the program, or
- does not meet any requirement or condition of the relevant provincial and territorial ministries/departments responsible for education or postsecondary education or of the participating educational institutions’ policies, practices, and regulations.