Am I eligible?
In order to qualify, you must meet BOTH of the following criteria:
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (those studying in Canada on a student visa are not eligible); and
- meet the institution’s minimum age requirement by the time Explore begins (13–15, 16–17, or 18+).
You must also meet ONE of the following criteria depending on your age:
- have been a full-time student for at least one term during the current school year; or
- have been an Odyssey participant within the last two years.
There are no language-skill requirements. If you meet the above criteria, you may be eligible for a place funded by the Government of Canada.
Not eligible for funding? No problem.
Most institutions accept participants who can cover their own expenses. Find out which institutions can help you Explore!
The Council of Ministers of Education, Canada (CMEC) thanks all candidates for their interest in Explore. Please note that decisions regarding eligibility for the participation in the program are made by the relevant provincial and territorial ministries/departments responsible for education or postsecondary education and are also subject to the participating educational institutions’ policies, practices, and regulations. A candidate may be declared ineligible for participation in the program at any time including but without limitation if the candidate.
- has been previously dismissed from the program for any reason,
- does not or ceases to meet the eligibility criteria for or the conditions for participation in the program, or
- does not meet any requirement or condition of the relevant provincial and territorial ministries/departments responsible for education or postsecondary education or of the participating educational institutions’ policies, practices, and regulations.