How much is it?
Destination Clic is funded by the Government of Canada, enabling a broad range of participants to engage in the program. There are some things participants will need to pay for themselves, however. See below for what is and isn’t included in the funding:
What’s covered by the funding:
- Application fee (It’s free to apply!)
- Tuition fees
- Instructional materials
- Meals and accommodations*
- Workshops and cultural activities
*Does not apply to virtual sessions.
The following fees are required only once you have confirmed your child’s enrolment.
- Non-refundable registration fee*
- Travel expenses
- Optional cultural activities
- Personal spending money (for snacks, souvenirs, etc.)
Other program-related fees may apply depending on the institution.
* For 2021 only, the registration fee will be reimbursed to Destination Clic participants who complete the program.
The Destination Clic program provides $2,000 ($1,600 for virtual sessions) for each participant, which covers the major expenses for your child’s participation in the program. This funding is provided by the Government of Canada and is transferred directly to the institution your child will be attending. The funding is taxable income for which you will receive a tax receipt.