Explore the University of Winnipeg! For over 25 years, students from Canada have been choosing the University of Winnipeg’s Explore Program to increase their knowledge and skills in the English language.
Located on Treaty One land, in the heart of the Métis homeland, the University of Winnipeg offers a compact, diverse, multicultural academic community committed to access and excellence. We are proud of our dynamic campus and a downtown hub that connects people from diverse cultures and nurtures global citizens.
The Explore Program at the University of Winnipeg brings a learning and cultural experience that will leave students with a new appreciation for the English language, while making new friends and enjoying all that Winnipeg has to offer.
What makes our program special and unique?
• We offer an intensive and robust program that prepares the students for the challenges faced in an academic environment or workplace.
• All our classes are taught by highly experienced certified instructors.
• We offer an optional paid workplace experience program: Languages at Work (LAW). LAW offers the students unique opportunities to continue developing their language skills in an anglophone setting. LAW participants are placed in a local organization for a paid summer job following intensive ESL courses.
• Language at Work participants will take a workshop that prepares them specifically for business communication.
• Our socio-cultural activities may include, but are not limited to, art gallery museum, and/or historic site visits.
• An Indigenous component may be one of the lessons you receive in the classroom.