What do I learn?
French, of course! And the experience is sure to leave you wanting more. In fact, many Explore participants have come back more than once to continue improving their French skills.
Expect each day to be busy, fun, and rewarding with:
- language instruction inside and outside the classroom;
- themed workshops;
- cultural activities; and
- optional evening and weekend events and activities.
Each location offers a unique experience, allowing you to practice your French language skills in a variety of locales and situations. When choosing a location, ask yourself:
- What kind of activities and workshops am I looking for?
- What part of Canada would I love to visit and why?
- Am I interested in the history and heritage?
- Or am I drawn to the distinct and unique culture?
- Or maybe, is it some place I have been before that I want to explore further?
- Does the institution offer credits?
- Does the institution offer Languages at Work?
Unsure about your French-language skills? No problem. There are no language-skill requirements for Explore. You are assigned to a group according to your age category and skill level, so that you can learn and practise French with confidence.